Through Berkeley Lab's partnership with Bright Horizons, employees no longer have to miss work when their normal care arrangements are unavailable. Employees have access to a comprehensive national network of childcare centers and in-home providers for child, adult and elder back-up care needs.
The Bright Horizons back-up care can be used for these and other occasions:
- Your regular caregiver is unavailable
- A child, adult, or elder is mildly ill
- School closures
- Transition between old/new caregiver arrangements
- Travel or changes in work location
- Transition following maternity leave
The service can be used up to 15 days per calendar year.
Click the links to the right for information specific to Berkeley Lab employees. For more information about Bright Horizons Back-Up Care program, visit their website.